Thursday, January 8, 2009

Triston's First Buck

Triston, age 7, killed his first buck over Christmas break. I was fortunate enough to be sitting in the deer blind with him when this nice 8 point came into our view from the brush. I had no idea that Triston was ready to shoot a rifle, but he said he wanted to kill this deer. Having not ever fired anything, other than a BB gun, Triston practiced aiming and watching the deer through the scope of my 270 WSM for about 15 minutes. When he said he was ready, I reached around him and grasped the butt of the gun, firmly snugging it in on his shoulder so that the large caliber rifle wouldn't hurt him much. He then slowly squeezed the trigger and dropped this deer at a 150 yards with a perfect shot. It was a great feeling for he and I both, but especially me. As a father, it was surely a memory I will never forget, and was glad to share it with my little buddy.



0 comments: